Sunday, November 6, 2011

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Amy Moffitt
Analysis on photograph:
In my first photograph R.P McMurphy was lying on top of the bed, dead and the nurse was taking his pulse. I didn’t like this because McMurphy doesn’t look dead. It is not a convincing death and the scene looks boring and not in a good way.
Having the blanket over the body makes the scene look very white and still gets the point across as his hand is sticking out the front of the bed.
I think that this one hand looks much more effective than a whole body.
I tried the scene with the nurse sitting on a chair and with a table of medical items on it. But I felt these extra items took away from the overall theme and look of the photograph. I am very happy with not having very many things in this photograph; it makes it look better along with the other photographs which all have other things in the backgrounds.
This also reflects the ward in which R.P McMurphy spends his final days. They are only aloud a few basic things and all their happiness is taken away from them by Nurse Ratched.

No comments:

Post a Comment