Sunday, November 6, 2011

Final Evaluation


I am very happy in coming to the end of my project.
From the start of the project I wanted to create narrative based images that told a story that the viewer would be able to pick up. I project took a turn when I decided to use film to create my scenes; this I found was for the better.
It was important for me to watch and research each of the seven films in depth to get a good understanding of the themes of each film. This way I would be able to create the best photographs I could through this. It was also important to draw lots of sketches as a way to develop my thoughts and ideas for each of the films.
Being able to step back and look at my first photographs with a constructive eye was a really good way for me to pick out the bad parts of each photograph. In doing this I was able to make new sketches with the good parts of the first photographs and also redevelop the parts that didn’t work so well.
Before shooting my second Photoshop I took some time to make sure I had everything I need for each of the different photographs. I also wanted to be open to ideas from the models, who helped me a lot to further develop my photographs.
I took my time to Photoshop my photographs and I did lots of test prints to make sure I got what I wanted. I was happy with all but one of my photographs, so I reshoot it and was happy with the final photograph.
Just like my first photographs I had to take a step back and be able to pick what I like and what I don’t like in each of my photographs. This way I was able to re-Photoshop and do more reprinting to get the best result.
While I was finishing my photography I started to think about the way I wanted to present my work. I knew I wanted them to be in frames but I didn’t want them to look like normal photographs. I decided to use a very thin black frame with no glass to frame my works. This way my photographs are framed but they don’t look like normal photographs. I decided not to use glass so the image is able to be open to the viewer.
The text was an interesting idea and one I really liked. I have picked quotes from each of the films and had them written along the bottom of the photograph. I used quotes from each of the films that represent each of the characters involved, quotes that would bring each of the photographs to live and give them new meaning. I wanted to use free hand to make it look real. Like these photographs have been used on the set of films as a way to summarise the characters.
It was an interesting experience finding my own space to exhibit my works. Many places were unable to exhibit my work but they were all very helpful in giving me ideas on places I could use. I decided to have an artist statement next to my work so people get a better understanding of my works.
Overall this was a very interesting project to work with. I really liked researching each of the films and getting a better understanding to the creator’s intention. I also liked coming up with ways to reinterpret the films and make new scenes.
I would like to carry on with the film side of my project further and see what other types of works I can come up with.
Definitely a great way to end my second year at Art School J

No comments:

Post a Comment