Sunday, November 6, 2011

Film Quotes

American Beauty
Lester Burnham: “I feel like I’ve been in a coma for the past twenty years. And I’m only now just waking up”
This quite really summarises what Lester Burnham went through, throughout the whole of the film. Unfortunately he was not able to be awake for long. Fortunately he lives on through my photograph. 
American Psycho
Patrick Bateman: “Do you take credit card? Just joking.”
I thought this quote was quite funny and sums up Batemans personality really well.
Atonement
Briony Tallis: “Yes. I saw him. I saw him with my own eyes”
This is a very straight forward quote from the film, the one in which Briony accuses Robbie in the first place. 
Hopefully the viewer will be able to see the anger and sadness in this photograph because of this. 
Eternal Sunshine of the Sunshine
Clementine: “You know me, I’m impulsive”
Joel: “That’s what I love about you”
This quote is quite cute and reflects the difference between Clementine and Joel. 
Fight Club
Narrator: “This is your life and it’s ending one minute at a time”
This quote reflects the Narrator and his change in character throughout the film. Anyone how knows this film will be able to tell through this quote.  
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
R.P McMurphy: “I must be crazy to be in a loony bin like this”
This quote works very well with the image and the theme of the film. R.P McMurphy is not really crazy; he just didn’t want to go to jail. Instead he picks time on a mental ward. 
Pulp Fiction
Vincent Vega: “Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go home and have a heart attack”
This quote is what Vincent would have said after bringing Mia back to live. This makes the viewer think about what (if there was one) the next photograph would look like. Is Mia alive or did she die?

No comments:

Post a Comment