Sunday, November 6, 2011

Fight Club

Fight Club - Amy Moffitt
Analysis on photograph:
My first idea for my Fight Club photograph was to have more than one photo and more than one person in each scene. I wanted to have The Narrator and Tyler Durden as the same person, unlike my first photograph in which they look like to very different people. By using one person for two characters the viewer has to think about why there are two people but they are the same person. I also wanted to have around four photographs to make the photographs seem more alive, like something is going to, because the one character and his alter-ego would be moving around the photographs. After thinking about this leaving it to last I decided I didn’t need to have four photographs, I could create the intended feeling in just one. What I needed to do was make to two character look very different. The Narrator is sad, depressed and weak. You are able to tell right away which one he is. Tyler Durden is in control and powerful. He looks over at the narrator like he knows it all and is better than him.
Having the newspaper clippings on the wall refers to the Fight Club. In the film the Fight Club organise events to destroy parts of the city. The newspaper clippings are a result of what the members of the Fight Club did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment