Sunday, November 6, 2011

Atonement



Analysis on photograph:
I knew I wanted to have all three characters in my one photograph, but it took me a while to get them in the right places. As this scene never really happens in the film I had to get it right. The scene is set up to show the viewer the Robbie is leaving to go to war, you can see this because of the light coming from the right hand side, shining onto Robbie. Cecilia lying on the bed still on her formal dress, as the night Robbie was accused the family was having a formal dinner. She lies facing the same way Robbie does, should she trusts and supports him, but can’t go with him. Briony knees on the left hand side of the bed writing stories in her note book. This shows Briony is full on imagination and is stuck in a make-believe world.
I decided to have the photograph black and white because it was quite I dark image to start with and I needed to do something to make this photograph look different to the other dark ones. I also chose to make this one black and white because it was set in the 1920s and fits into the scene better.

No comments:

Post a Comment