Friday, March 4, 2011

Project Drawing: Sonic Landscapes

I have taken a lot of inspiration and ideas form Milan Knizak.


Here are some things a have experimented with:


These first two works are direct inspiration from Knizak.
I have drilled holes in this record. (I have also made sounds for this one, coming soon.)


This record has white tape stuck all over it.


I then experimented with cds:

I first burnt a song onto this cd, then scratched it a little bit. I but it into the cd player to play and it worked fine. So I took it out and scratched it a bit more. It still worked fine, you couldn't tell anything was different. So I again took it out and scratched it some more. Then it wouldn't play at all in the cd player. It was either to little or to much, I couldn't get an in between.


After finishing with that cd I got another one and burnet another song onto it. I first but tape onto and played it. The tape didn't make a difference. I then put a square of blue nail polish into the cd. This still didn't make a difference. I have scratched the cd, like I did to the other one, which had the same effect. It played up until a point and wouldn't play at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment