Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Talk To An Image

Marilyn Shows What Death Looks Like, 1946, Andre De Dienes
Are you ok? What are you doing? Who are you hiding from?

The types of questions you ask to this image when you don't know the person hiding under the blanket.
When I found out it was Marilyn Monroe reading the whole photographed changed for me. But it didn't seen to change for the rest of my class, which I found odd.
I think my 360' change in viewing this photograph was because of who the person is. It changed because I know so much about the late Marilyn Monroe.

Are you scared of death Marilyn Monroe? Is your life full of happiness?

You have to start looking more deeply into the photograph to be able to talk to the image. You need to stop and take the time to really look at the image. It helps to only read a few images a day and block out the other ones. This way you will really be about to focus on what you are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment